Cartomancy is the art of fortune telling with playing cards. This method dates back for hundreds of years. You can use many kinds of card to practice, such as tarot cards, playing cards, oracle cards, etc. The modern deck of playing cards hides some fascinating facts. For instance, there are 52 cards in a pack, which corresponds with 52 weeks in a year. Playing cards have 4 suits, which corresponds with 4 seasons in a year. The symbols on cards include the Hearts, Cups, Diamonds, and Spades.
Of course, the person being read is called the querent. So, those who practice and interpret the cards’ meanings are the readers. The cards are often laid out in a pattern, namely a spread. One of the simplest spreads is 3-card spread. After shuffling, the reader then places top cards on a table, one by one, from left to right. This spread is associated with many meanings. The past-present-future is the common meaning.
Fortune Telling With Playing Cards – Start With Open Mind
Fortune telling with regular playing cards comes up with lots methods and systems that are equally applicable. The more precise the reading you want to be, the more cards you have to use and decipher, based on a complex system. At times, the cards’ meanings may differ. That depends on the method used by a fortune teller or guidebook applied for interpretation. Just select the interpretation which you can remember and keep in mind easily. When starting to practice with these cards, you should pick a simple and straightforward layout.
Mix the cards rightly and choose 5 cards in which card A is on to the top, a row of 3 cards (B, C, D) is under it, and card E is under them. The following is their interpretation:
- Card A reflects your thoughts.
- Card B shows what you want to find out.
- Next, Card C reflects what is coming.
- Card D shows if this is crucial or not.
- Card E reflects what hidden from you is.
How about four suits in the deck of 32 playing cards? Getting a deep understanding of their meanings can help to hone your skill quickly. In general,
- The suit of Hearts reflects happiness in all aspects of life, such as love and relationship.
- The suit of Spades is often a negative sign. Yet, it suggests the positive hope for good future, nice friendship and mutual trust.
- Then, the suit of Diamonds is about luck and blessing. When many diamond cards appear together, this means wealth.
- The suit of Clubs is a negative sign. It reflects loss, separation, accident, injury, or bad luck.
When you are reading fortune telling with playing cards for a man, he is symbolized by the king of hearts. It is similar to the women symbolized by the queen of hearts. Exact interpretations of every card can differ widely. The key meanings of the individual cards online are just a brief guide that is rather insignificant compared to what a real fortune teller who is good at this old tradition does.